Consider the values you hold dear.
- Do you believe that no child should go to school on an empty stomach?
- Do you believe that no senior should skip a meal in order to pay for medication?
- Will your legacy reflect these core beliefs?
A Legacy Gift in your will allows you to take the time now to leave a legacy that is an enduring expression of your deeply-held values while also taking care of your loved ones. A gift in your will is also your investment in a better world – one where all children, families and seniors get the nutritious food they need. Your gift provides the Food Share with the confidence and the means to plan for the future: to continue our hunger relief efforts and to craft long-term strategies to reduce the number of people who will require food assistance tomorrow.
The benefits of your Legacy Gift:
- It’s simple. In just a few sentences you can say where you want your gift in your will to go.
- It’s smart money management. You get to decide where your money goes. A gift in your will may also reduce your exposure to federal estate and state inheritance taxes.
- It can add to the Food Share’s endowment, supporting the Food Share’s mission in perpetuity.