Make a difference in your community by organizing a Food + Funds Drive. We make coordinating easy and fun by providing you with the following materials and ideas.
How To Organize Your Food + Funds Drive
1. Gather a team
- Think about your community: family, church, school, work or neighborhood.
2. Set a date
- Pick both a start and an end date.
3. Organize an event
- Consider these ideas: bake sale, car wash, craft fair, walk-a-thon/ bike-a-thon, raffle.
4. Tell people about it
- Make posters and flyers, talk about it on social media, send out emails, and craft a press release for local media.
- Print and display our Top 5 Poster.
5. Hold a food specific drive
- Choose an item from our Top 5 poster, such as peanut butter.
6. Remember: both food and funds matter!
- Cash donations keep our trucks on the road and the freezers cold. They also support our innovative programs to address the root causes of hunger. Monetary donations also allow the Food Share to purchase bulk food to be repacked by volunteers. Because we make large, bulk purchases, our cost per pound of food is far lower than that of food bought at retail prices.
- Use our Funds Posters to give everyone an idea of what their generosity can accomplish.
7. At the event
- Collect donated food in one place, for easy delivery
- For smaller drives cardboard boxes work well to collect donated food.
- For drives that expect 500 pounds of food, or more, we can deliver and pick-up a 55 gallon barrel.
8. After the event
- Congratulations and THANK YOU!
- The last and final step is to get the donated food and/or money to us. Please deliver your donated food to Marion-Polk Food Share located at 1660 Salem Industrial Drive NE, Salem, OR 97301 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Thank you for feeding people in our community!